Wirral & Chester Taekwondo has strong ties in the community with a local Charity Phab. We always make it our business to help and get involved with any worthwhile activity within our local community. Which is why when Phab inquired whether we would be interested in working together we jumped at the opportunity to organise some Taekwondo sessions. It is always a very rewarding experience to work along side Phab offering our sessions to those that may have never experience martial arts before.
Phab stands for: Physically Handicapped and Able Bodied. They are an organisation that ‘Walks the Talk’ they are inclusive, promote and support self reliance that enhances the social opportunities for people both disabled and non disabled. Their aim is to promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within their wider community.
Phab creates opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by:
- Supporting a network of around 180 clubs throughout England and Wales for all age-ranges, offering activities and holidays which members can share and enjoy together.
- Promoting and encouraging self-confidence and independence in young people of all abilities through a range of diverse projects.
- Funding special residential breaks – inclusive experiences for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to share in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition.
- Providing specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates.
- Organising national and regional events for Phab club members and supporters to enjoy together and to promote the Phab philosophy of inclusion.