Once a month at the Academy in Bromborough Mr Warren Vice 5th Dan holds a fight club session. There is a Junior session for 7-14 year olds and a senior session for 14+ year olds.
These sessions are open to anyone of any age, ability and grade. They are designed to concentrate upon the sparring element of Taekwondo, giving the student who wants to concentrate upon competitions the opportunity of trying different techniques and training with other up and coming stars from around the North West. The class lasts for 1 ½ hours and covers fitness work, pad work and an ample amount of sparring.
Mr Vice is a 19 Times world Champion at sparring and is currently a senior member of the TAGB England Squad. Mr Vice has trained in several disciplines and is the current Taekwondo World Champion.
Mr Warren Vice – Biography
“I started Tae Kwon-Do at the age of 6. Being bullied at school and watching martial arts stars like Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, I begged my dad to take me to a martial art club. After a few weeks I knew I wanted to be a black belt and be a champion. It was only a few months before my father had started and together we went through the grades until I achieved my black belt aged 10.
I entered as many competitions as I could through my colour belt days unfortunately not winning anything. By aged 13 with constant support and guidance from both my Instructor and my parents i started to do well and win medals. By this time my mum and younger brother had also started Tae Kwon-Do.
In 1998, after a few years of doing well in competitions and already achieving my second degree black belt, I entered the 4th Open ‘Tae Kwon-Do International’ World Championships which I won the Junior Middle-Weight Black Belt Sparring title aged 15. In 2000, aged 16 I entered the 5th Open World Championships, in Holland, I fought in the Senior Mens Black Belt -64kg category, and won my first adult world title. I was also selected to represent England in the team event, where we came 2nd.
Since 2000 to date, I have been on the TAGB England Team, I train regularly with the national squad and enjoy travelling to international competitions which are held world-wide.”
Some highlights of Mr Vice’s career:
- 2000 – TAGB International Fighter of the Year Award
- 2001 – World Cup Mens -70kg (Poland) – GOLD
- 2003 – 6th Open ‘World Championships -70kg (Miami, Florida) – GOLD
- 2004 – TAGB International Fighter of the Year Award
- 2005 – TAGB International Fighter of the Year Award
- 2005 – 7th Open ‘World Championships -76kg (Cardiff, Wales) – GOLD and Team GOLD and Tag Team GOLD
- 2006 – European Championships -76kg (Davos, Switzerland) – GOLD and Grand Champion
- 2007 – 8th Open ‘Tae Kwon-Do International’ World Championships -76kg (Birmingham) – GOLD, and Team GOLD and Tag Team Gold
- 2008 – European Championships -76kg (Cork, Ireland) – GOLD and Team GOLD
- 2008 – WASCO World Championships -76kg (Italy) – GOLD and Team GOLD
- 2009 – Clash of the Titans Event (National Team Event against Shorai, Lau Gar, Kung Fu, WAKA & more) – Team GOLD and I was awarded ‘Best Fighter’
- 2009 – Poland Open Championships -82kg – Gold in Sparring, Individual Patterns and Team Sparring.
- 2009 – WASCO World Championships (Croatia) -82kg – GOLD and Team Gold
- 2009 – TAGB International Fighter of the Year Award
- 2010 – WASCO World Championships (Sardinia) -82kg – GOLD and Team Gold
- 2010 – 9th Open ‘Tae Kwon Do-International’ World Championships -82kg (Telford) – GOLD and Team Gold
- 2010 – I was put in the official Hall of Fame for top fighters in the Martial Arts Illustrated Magazine
- 2011 – British Taekwondo Council BTC Open Team Championships – GOLD
- Since 2000 I have also repeatedly won English, Welsh, Scottish and British National Championships and other internationals
- 2012 – European Championships Poland – 82kg – GOLD and Team Gold
- 2013 – 4 World Championship Gold Titles, 2 European Gold Titles & INTERNATIONAL FIGHTER OF THE YEAR